The elections got you down? Are you frustrated that your candidate didn’t win? Are you stressed about the recount?
Relax! Relieve your stress and focus on a return to health and happiness with yoga.
That’s right folks, we are stepping away from political talk and talking to Meena, a NYC certified yoga instructor, who just happens to be my cousin.
As someone who has been a carnivore all his life, I am always impressed with people who have given up beef and chicken and become a vegetarian.
I am even more impressed with I find an African American who can do this as well.
I am eager to know how giving up meat and even dairy has impacted her life and health.
For additional information on her, you can visit Meena’s site here:
if you are interested in yoga for weight loss Meena recommends:
1) Yoga Journal’s Yoga For Weight Loss 2012
2) Yoga For Weight Loss by Dr. Andrew Williams & Sarah Williams
3) Yoga For Weight Loss For Beginners – A Step by Step Guide To 90 Slimming Yoga Poses by Nika Karan.
4) Yoga For Beginner & Weight Loss: Workout Poses- Kids, Seniors, Men, Women & Clothing Journal Book by Steffan Fox
For all things yoga and to understand it better, try these:
1) The New Yoga For People Over 50- A Comprehensive Guide For Midlife & OIder Beginners by Suza Francina
2) Yoga Bodies – Real People, Real Stories & the Power of Transformation by Laura Lipton
3) Yoga Journal Magazine (monthly publication)